Friday 31 October 2014

A Claypot of ❤....

Proudly presenting, my lone claypot...
We never have a claypot in the house before. Then, we had the biggest we could lay our hands on. That was deemed too big now so we got our hands on a claypot which can serve two people and another for one person only. So, what's boiling in the claypot?
With lots of love in them....
I cooked something simple. If you understand the meaning of simple, the underlying current is very strong. A simple dish is not simple to make. Facing irony in English words now? It's true. The simplest dish must be prepared with lots of love. Everything in this claypot is prepared differently. From marinating the minced pork to making the most delicious soup which you will be asking for more and more.
I'm hungry already.... 
Nice to see, better still if you have them right in front of you. What's the price tag that you would put on this? One person actually said RM3. Please go to the nearest coffeeshop selling rice vermicelli served in a claypot. This is homecook so it's different. The price: Priceless. I made this to make the hubby jealous. He's away for work seminar and he's been sending food photos from the hotel which served them buffet. So, I made the nicest claypot rice vermicelli soup to let him know what he has missed out today. I'm a good wife, I kept his share for him so that he would be able to savour them when he's back :D The soup will be tastier after being kept overnight.
Mi mama selfie-ing with the claypot....
Mi mama loves rice vermicelli, what more soupy stuff. So, this one bowl is just the right amount. Hehe.... 
Konnyaku orange jelly...
Not to fret about thinking what with the hot weather and the sizzling soup in the claypot that would make you even hotter, we have jelly to soothe our throat. That's the best orange jelly mi mama has made. We have a rectangle container filled with jelly but after cutting into small cubes to feed the piranhas in the house, we're left with two rows of 8 small cubes in each row only. Keeping them for the hubby.
Cheese and ham mini cake....
I tried something new for my baking. It's a savoury type of mini cakes with cheddar and ham. Both are already salty then with a half-teaspoon of salt to add to the saltiness. Overall it wasn't that bad since it's just something to try on. We're all okay with this.
Finish....
I planned to make more for tomorrow since I have doubled the ingredients. But, I think I would like to make something else for tomorrow. Too bad I didn't leave one for hubby. The piranhas ate them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment