Monday 10 November 2014

The Third Long Table Dinner...

Smile for the camera~!!! *ka chak*
Today we had the third long table dinner with the guests mainly being mi hubby's friends and just us. This is bonding time, time to get to know each other better and just some fellowship time together. You must be wondering what they had on the table. Thank you mi mama for helping with all the tedious work. I lurve you~!
The pan-grilled prawns on skewers....
This is my first time poking the prawns with skewers. The bamboo skewer did not poke me but the prawns poked me on almost all ten fingers. It turned out nicely, as straight as I wanted them to be. That's pan grilled prawns with hoi sin sauce and lots more. Good food must be shared with loved ones but recipes should not be shared wholly. The recipes from books were only 70% accurate, the rest you have to perfect them through experience, if you fail once, you do it again. Fail twice, go do something else to save yourself from terrible hearthache and headache. 
The dragon fruits coated pork ribs...
Surprise~! This one you might not seen before. It's pork ribs with dragon fruit. The colour is just so strikingly beautiful. I like striking colours. Just deep fry the meat and then mix with dragon fruit... simple?
The lion's head meatballs....
This dish is called the lion's head. Those strips of brown hair were obviously not a lion's fur. They were strips of bean curd sheet. The minced meat was made into round compact shape and sat in the steamer for 15 minutes. Marinade the meat well and you will not have to worry about the taste.
That spring-rolls-turned-into-dumpling platter....
These are plates of a different kind of spring rolls. Not even close to spring rolls because we used dumpling sheets to roll the tilapia and cheddar cheese. They were seen floating in a pot of boiling oil, so I scooped them up and mi mama turned them into fried cheesy fish dumpling pyramid on a plate.
The hideously delicious cake that never made an appearance...
The failed project. This just sat on the dining table and never make it to the long table outside. It was suppose to be banana custard roll. The cake was so thick that it couldn't even roll. The softness and moistness of the cake were a combination of perfection in the mouth~! I thought of slicing the thick cake into halves. I did just that, lift up the top part then tried to turn it into the other side like a professional roti canai tosser and the cake broke into pieces. I plastered some back and started putting on the custard. I think I destroyed the whole cake and I was too embarrassed to bring it out to be seen by the guests. The taste was just awesome. If it's my gang of friends then I would just sent the whole cake out without bothering how hideous the cake is. I'm going to feed my piranhas with this wonderful hideous banana swissroll that can never be rolled and turned into a slab of cake sandwich with custard.
I cook, you all eat... good arrangement~!
Good, eh~! Oooppssss, I forget to snap a photo of the soup... tomorrow maybe. I still have a whole big pot in the slow cooker to keep warm. Thanks for the guava, love it but I forget to take a photo of that. Thanks for the caramel chocolate and the kiwi fruits. It's okay to come empty-handed. Don't feel like it's a food exchange programme as it's not, okay~! I'm okay with anything and everything. Mi mama has prepared my favourite konnyaku jelly~!
Tweety bird~!!
So cute... I wonder how come the kids don't really eat. They only play with the rabbits and feed the rabbits. My rabbits ate more than them I think. I hope my rabbits can sleep well tonight after having such heavy dinner. 
Sylvester head...
Sylvester~!! The black cat... meow~! Mi mama turned it into orange meow~! Still left meow heads for my piranhas... I know who will be the happiest seeing all these~!!
Roses are red....
Jelly in roses with... with.... errmmm... 'assam boi'.... ish... It's already midnight and my head is not generating any proper words. Will change that word to English when the word pops out in the head...

No comments:

Post a Comment