Wednesday 24 December 2014

Yen's Idea of Pizzas....

It was the next day, Friday. I slept on Friday morning so I should say that it was in the afternoon that I finally woke up. I was awake earlier but I lazed on the bed until it was 2p.m. Hubby was lazing with me. Then, we got up and got ready to go for a date. It was an impromptu move to go have something to eat because we didn't know what to do for a date out. Such boring couple we are. We were heading towards Tesco so we landed at e-Gates and started walking from one restaurant to another. After flipping through the menus of various cuisines, we realized that we couldn't afford to dine in there. It's just not so worth the money. I know... I know.... you're paying for the services of being served but... but.... *sigh* We bought ourselves two ice-cream cones from 7-11 and we licked the ice-cream outside 7-11, standing there and just licking our ice-creams. Romantic, right....???? No?????

We went dating in Tesco, taking a slow walk.... yeah, so slow that usually I only need less than an hour to get my one week's supply but since it's a date with the hubby, we used three long hours to get two days' food supply, not to mention that hubby's watch stalled at 4:40p.m. It was already 6:30p.m. when we thought it was still 4:40p.m. We bought the stuff that we wanted on our pizzas. Our pizzas are really costly compared to having a meal at one of the restaurants at e-Gate. But we really enjoyed ourselves making those pizzas. Again, I didn't make them. I prepared the base and the rest was done by the hubby. So, I didn't do anything for the whole of Friday but just lazing around, stir-fry some onions, eat and then sleep.
Our pizzas...
I couldn't imagine how small those pizza bases were. I was thinking how big they would be until I see them clearly being thawed on the oven trays. So, the three of us were going to eat up four pizzas. I stir-fried the yellow onions and mixed them with ketchup and lots more of seasoning. You don't just simply apply tomato paste and tomato puree on the pizza base like you're dabbing make-up on your face. You have to get the taste right from the bottom up~!
Yen's Thai curry chicken pizza....
I don't mind sharing what kinda ingredients we lavished on our pizzas. I like chicken pizza, have always wanted them. We quickly marinade the chicken pieces and sat at the kitchen waiting for an hour for the chicken pieces to take in the marinades. It's chicken curry pizza with seafood tofu. Why that weird combination? It's not weird... I just like my pizza with food stuff that I love. Those kariveppilai leaves were plucked fresh from the garden to enhance the taste.
Hubby's Danish salami pizza...
Next, this is something which hubby wanted. It's Danish salami with English roast ham. The surface area of the pizza base was seriously too small to creatively decorate the pizza. Oh, by the way we didn't have mozzarella in the house. We used Havarti cheese and of course, the cheese slices came into rescue. Pepper Jack cheese was one really tasty cheese to have on the pizza.
Yen's seafood pizza.... 
Since we can't have lobster meat, we had my favourite seafood pizza. Prawns and more prawns with salmon pieces. Of course you can't buy those salmon pieces. Get the big piece and then pan-fry the salmon then remove the bones using your fingers. You don't want to choke on fish bones while enjoying your slice of pizza. The squid rings are to die for. I just love seafood. Oh, we saw something in the freezer of Tesco which we seldom see.
Yen's Hotate Pizza....
Smoked hotate scallops~!!!!! Oooooooo..... OoooOOoOOoooOoOoo..... There's enough squid rings to decorate on the pizza as well. That fake crab claws were so fake that I wanted to cry but we pan-fry those crab claws first so that it would be more tasty. And why the egg in the middle? Because we can put anything we want on our own pizzas. Fancy calling Pizza Hut or Dominos and asking them to add an egg to your pizza. The operator taking your call might think you're crazy or you can't read the menu they have.
I know some people find this oozing half-done egg disgusting but it's just too good for me. I love soft-boiled eggs. Can slurp on those eggs anytime of the day. I'm hungry looking at those. I need food... need food. Oh, we just cut each pizza into four sections. I finished all my four pieces... hehehhe.... each piece was kept for my precious.
No matter how full my tummy is, I can make room for jellies. That's mi mama's Pooh head jellies with... with.... assam boey.... can't find the word in English for the time being... Time to sleep. One more day of work and then four more days of rest. Yippee~!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment