Monday 13 July 2015

Lala, Cod, Soup, Tasty Fried Chicken, Omelette...

Our favourite~! Siput lala at anytime of the day. Hubby used to make this for my breakfast then he has no extra time in hand anymore. I made this for hubby and mi madre instead. It's really. There's no actual formula to this. I put whatever I like for the day.
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tbsp salted bean paste
  • Ketchup
  • Thai chili sauce
Don't have to add water. Stir fry then cover. Will be done in 5 minutes. I don't like taking one siput lala and put it in my mouth. Feels like eating nothing. I prefer taking a few scoops and then removing the flesh then chew at one go... the taste and texture... oh, so great...

 We found frozen cod fish in Mydin. Reasonable pricing. I got that for RM15. I don't know what to do with it except to steam it with shoyu and sprinkle with spring onions. Taste good... will have to figure out soon how to perfect this cod fish dish for future lunch hour.

Aromatic Chicken Soup

  •  1 tsp saffron threads *I didn't buy*
  • 40g small pasta *Cut your spaghetti*
  • 1kg chicken bones
  • 3 carrots *Took it from my rabbit*
  • 1 stalk celery *Took hubby's*
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • Some black peppercorns
  • 1 pod cardamom *bruised*
  • 2 litres water
You want it to be tastier, boil longer. Can't wait then boil until the carrots are done.

Thai-style Deep-fried Chicken

  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Ginger juice
  • Fish sauce
  • Chicken stock granules
  • Pepper
  • White rice wine
  • Sesame oil
  • Belacan powder
  • Water
  • 5 tbsp tapioca flour
Mainly without measurements because seriously, there's none. Follow thy heart. You can use whichever part of the chicken. It will be nicer if you de-bone the whole legs but I don't have much time in hand. I just use the thigh as it is.

Purple Sweet Potato Omelette...

  • 150gm shredder purple sweet potatoes
  • 100gm minced meat
  • 3 tbsp dried shrimps
  • Some chopped garlic
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • Pepper
  • 2 tbsp corn flour
4 eggs beaten lightly. Cook those without eggs first. When it's done just add the eggs and wait at low heat. Mind got into earthquake shock because I flipped it. I need a new pan. Wait till my kitchen is extended then I'll have a really huge kitchen to play around.

No comments:

Post a Comment