Saturday 25 October 2014

A Prawny Affair...

Steamed Stuff Prawns with Shrimp Sauce...
 I love seafood. Love prawns especially. It's not for any occasion. It was just dinner on a Saturday nite before heading off to church. I needed to work for 3 hours in the morning only so I have the time to prepare dinner. Usually on Saturdays, I will leave the house the moment I wake up and only come back an hour or two before midnite. Today, was an exception and I hope it would be so until the end of the year. I do enjoy weekends at home. I just like staying at home now. This is also my first time stuffing a prawn with minced prawn meat. The sweetness of prawns, oh, how wonderful *salivating all over*.
Steamed Stuff Prawns with Shrimp Sauce...
I can actually lick the computer screen now. We only had three prawns each. But I did cook other dishes. I tried to keep to three dishes in a meal so that we won't be over-eating.
Switzerland Simmered Chicken...
This is an altogether different kind of taste. The use of tamarind peel and cinnamon stick make the taste a whole lot more different. It's a little bit sourish yet sweet. And of course, I did add a whole more of other ingredients. Yen's secret ingredients which the hubby doesn't even know. The hubby can cook and the hubby doesn't share his secret recipes as well. We have our own secrets in the kitchen and we don't cook together. I would go crazy having to cook with another person. Likewise, hubby doesn't like me to be around in the kitchen when he's cooking. Both of us have different cooking styles so I don't interfere when he's cooking.
Chives Dumpling...
Another kind of dumpling this time round they're all pan fried. Hubby said that the juicy minced pork in the dumpling was perfectly seasoned. Thank you, love. It has a taste of China. Or the dumpling tasted more like gyoza but better. I love to cook for my hubby and mi mama. I don't get why so many people said that we're eating luxurious food all the time. How do you categorize normal food then? Even if I make fried rice, there will bound to be someone saying that there are lots of yummies in them. Well, if it has been said that we're having luxurious food every day, then praise God for providing them~!

Today and yesterday's dishes have totally different taste. According to hubby, they were all delicious but he preferred yesterday's dishes. Tomorrow, I'll prepare something else. I really enjoy cooking but again it's not my passion~! 

No comments:

Post a Comment