Monday 27 October 2014

A Simple Lunch...

Steamed tilapia...
Today's lunch was simple. We had steamed tilapia fillet marinated with ginger and drowned in rice wine. The taste was, errmm..... Chinese. Once you've tried Chinese food, then you will know it when you have it in your mouth. 
Simmered chicken in herbs...
The chopped up chicken thighs squeezed into a 28cm wok with the cubed potatoes, a couple of bay leaves, some coriander seeds and tomatoes, plus a few more other herbs. Since it was so easy and I have nothing else to do, I did not want to waste the yam bean.
A very simply yam bean soup....
A pot of chicken stock was prepared. The yam beans were cut into smaller cubes and then everything went into the pot. I've never made yam bean soup so I thought it would be as soft as winter melon where the melon would met int your mouth. The soup almost dried up but it was still a tad too crunchy for my preference. In the end, mi mama confirmed that the texture was correct. *sigh* Simple lunch we had today. And I'm sleepy after lunch but need to stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment