Friday 26 June 2015

What to Cook on Tuesday?

  • French beans
You can always substitute with long beans or better still - asparagus. Asparagus is not cheap and since I can't find any in the market, I got French beans. Anyway, I don't eat asparagus...
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 200g white fish meat *Get frozen white tilapia fillet from the market*
  • 50g pork belly
  • 1 egg white
  • Some salt
  • 2 tsp ginger juice
Put them all in the food processor and wrap them around the French beans.
  • Some stock
  • Few drops of sesame oil
Steam for about 8 minutes on high heat.

 Time to make your own green curry paste:

  • 10 shallots
  • 6 pips garlic
  • 12 green chillies
  • Small knob of galangal
  • 1 plant Chinese celery
  • 1 plant coriander
  • 5 g belacan
  • 1 tsp nutmeg powder
  • Some peppercorn
  • 2 tbsp cumin
Grind them all in the food processor and saute until the oil seeps out. Don't forget to also put in some shredded lime leaves. Don't ever process the lime leaves or else everything would turn bitter. Been there, done that so I know I'm reminding you, not to do that. That amount of curry paste, you can make a green curry dish for three times. I used it to make a dish of dry green curry seafood, should have added more water, not that I like dry curry that much...
  • 3 tbsp green curry paste
Saute if you have kept them in the refrigerator.
  • 100ml coconut milk *If you're using the store bought coconut milk, the taste is horrible*
  • 3 birdseye' chilli
  • 2 stalks lemongrass
  • 100ml water *add more when it becomes too dry*
  • Prawns *as much as you like*
  • Fish *I prefer white fish fillet*
  • Fake crabsticks
Drop the fish in first. Prawns cook faster and seasoning wise:
  • A few dashes of fish sauce *I don't measure when seasoning*
  • Sugar
  • Salt

 I'm Chinese and I need to have a pot of soup to make my day...

  • 1 chayote *some gourd that can be found even in Mydin, it might go with a different name*
  • 2 carrots *from China particularly, my rabbits approve of such sweet carrots*
  • 1 litre or more of chicken stock or pork stock *Use chicken cubes if don't have the time to prepare any stock
Double-boil for an hour... then add....
  • 2 firm-ripe pears *Not the yellow skin pears that you eat... go get some green-skinned pears*
Continue to double-boil for another 40 minutes,,,

 I can't live without meat... be it pork or chicken... 

  • Garlic
  • Garlic powder
  • Salt 
  • Caster sugar
  • Pepper
  • Chinese rice wine *a little will do*
  • Egg
  • 2 tbsp flour
Marinade for an hour or two then coat with Yen's Fried Chicken Mixture, After deep-frying, sprinkle with a mixture of these:
  • Five spice powder
  • Chili powder
  • Caster sugar
  • Salt

I saw this in the morning market so I bought a kilo of these siput lala. A kilo was not too much. It was just nice. It was a tad overcooked because it was a little bit disgusting as I cooked them alive and I thought I just needed to add another minute or two before removing the cover. This was not good enough and I just simply stir-fry them with a combination of:
  • Oyster sauce
  • Sugar
You don't have to add any water. The lalas will remove water from its body... It's nice... don't squirm in your seat... It's nice... Overall time needed plus preparation would be roughly 2 hours. That's all the time I have everyday to prepare lunch. I'm a professional multi-tasker.

No comments:

Post a Comment