Wednesday 21 January 2015

It's Wednesday Already...

I have another half of the duck in the freezer. I had planned to cook the other half duck today with the braised sea cucumber that I bought from the market. There's enorki mushroom as well in this dish. It's suppose to be soupy but I miss having a braised dish. There's none in the list of my menu for this week. So, I decided to braise the duck again. I really love braised dishes but to make them take a lot of time. Well, I guess when you want really good food you will have to make some sacrifices.
I bought this Teochew bean curds last Sunday morning. Surprisingly, they haven't gone stale. Still tested good. It's my first time steaming those bean curds and then slicing them before putting them to dance in the hot oil. I thought I just needed to deep fry them straight but this method seem to have escape me earlier. How I've realized that for more than 10 years, I have been cooking the lazy way. I cut across all difficult and methods to come to this one. I'm glad I followed through this time round. The food tasted better. It's something like the Japanese tofu dish. The soy sauce have been re-boiled with some other stuff.
I had leftover soup from yesterday which I did not know what to do with. So, I made some scrambled eggs and mix them with the soup. There... a bowl of egg soup. Nice... I am very tired. It feels like I'm a walking zombie and I have another pile of work to do. It seems to be never ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment