Friday 6 March 2015

4 Hours Later - Double Boiled~!!

Last Monday was my first time using cultivated ginseng. It was given to us in a hamper for Chinese New Year. Eu Yan Seng has really good stuff and excellent cooking instructions or I wouldn't know what to do with those two pieces of ginseng.
My first time double boiling was while making that kaya. This was my second time using it as I have extra time in hand on Monday, I decided to give it a try. Since I have 4 hours and more, it should be a good dish and I only had one dish in mind. 
4 hours later, I have decided that I don't mind double boiling even if 8 hours was needed. After braising, double boiling is top in my list of cooking techniques. Steaming becomes too common and easy. The chicken meat was so good I wished I have more. The combination of red dates and dried longan made the soup so tasty. I know I don't repeat what I cook but I'm going to do this again next week. Just one more time as I have another piece of cultivated ginseng. Makes me feel hungry looking at this now. I can still remember the tasty taste of the soup in my mouth... *slurp slurp slurp*

No comments:

Post a Comment