Tuesday 24 March 2015

Cooking Hubby's Favourite...

It's not a difficult dish. Marinade the minced meat and let it go through the mincer once again. Double mincing makes a better texture. Cut the bitter gourd according to the height that you wanted for this green palace. Then, remove the seeds and pith. Stuff the meat, pan fry and ta da~!
The first photo was that of really hard bitter gourd. Then, let it simmer for 25 minutes or so. I almost fainted with the horrible bitter smell. I have to taste whether it's good enough or not and my tongue got a shock at how bitter it was. Paracetamol tastes better when stuck on the tongue. This was really bad. I precisely said to my precious dish that this would be the dish both of us would not touch. But she wanted to be a little bit more adventurous and took one huge piece. Double mistake done at one go. She took a big bite and told me it was extremely B.I.T.T.E.R. I reminded her that just before we started eating, I told her it's not our kind of dish. So in the end she had to swallow the big piece but she said the meat was good. Hubby came back from work and had a good lunch. According to the hubby the bitter gourd was not that bitter.
Hubby wanted more greens on the table. I feel like I'm cooking something out of the moon. That's a plate of French beans stir-fried with eggs and decorated with salt-roasted peanuts. I was okay with this dish but hubby wanted more greens. I think I have enough green for the day.
I simmered the chicken with some herbs given to us in a hamper by Eu Yan Sang. Mi mama loved the soup but to me, I needed a few spoonful of soy sauce to rescue the soup. The whole chicken legs were obviously very tender after being slow simmered for 1.5 hours. Tomorrow, I will cook something I want to eat. It's my turn~!

No comments:

Post a Comment