Tuesday 24 March 2015

Plain Ol' Chinese Cuisine...

I'm very much into Chinese cuisine because before long, I want to cook for my family in China. I cooked different dishes everyday to try out new stuff where you can never get it from restaurants or economy rice stall. Like it this way. Came across this recipe using vegetarian fish but I could not understand why not just eat the real fish. God blessed us with all these as nourishment to our body. Used the black tilapia and used up the leftover green and red bell peppers. The fish was deep fried first. I changed my grocery shopping venue already from Tesco main to Tesco Extra. Tesco Extra has improved a lot where the quality of fresh food was up one level, no longer looked like second grade. Maybe also because I went to the right timing when all the fresh produce were just released.
This is using chicken breast meat but it was tender. Rub some salt to make them tender. It was spicy because the dried chilli I used was that of extra spicy. The curry leaves were plucked from the garden. I need a garden with herbs.
This is one very messy dish which I cooked for the hubby. There's the leftover yellow bell pepper and added some black fungus. I have cut some strips of muscle pork meat and the whole brown cuttlefish. The white soft stuff was hubby's favourite bean curd stick. All three dishes looked rather like a big mess in different plates. 
Busy people don't eat dinner, instead we had supper after work. It was quite difficult to get nice looking maize in Tesco. Usually they were all dried up but we got really good bargain. How to know whether they look nice or not? Peel the skin and peep lor... I learnt all these from different different aunties, some taught me how to remove those onion skin, chicken skin and cabbage layers that aren't so beautiful anymore then I wouldn't have to pay for them. I didn't do such thing yet lor... I feel that the few grams of dried onion skin wouldn't hurt my pocket. There was once an auntie cannot stand how I didn't peel off the dried skin so she did it for me. Muahahahaha...
Suddenly mi mama saw this small box of new kitchen tool that the hubby bought and kept on top of the shelf nicely, away from my sight. Mi mama said she knows how to use. Hubby bought but dunno how to use. Yay~! I got corn in a cup instead of having to bite on a cob...

No comments:

Post a Comment