Saturday 22 November 2014

Let Me Share with You a True Story Regarding Food....

Simple fried vermicelli....
I'm without work for a month. I have no income. Our expenditure is high. I have no money. Nah... no one would ever believe that I don't have money when I just brought in another piano and there's so much food in the house. God has blessed this kitchen tremendously. We may have no cash in hand, but we always have more than enough food to feed a multitude. Don't ask me to explain how such thing can happen. If I can explain then I must have gone up to heaven and have a long chat with Jesus. Maths come with formulas to solve equations but with God, the numbers don't even add up. All praise and glory go to our Lord Jesus Christ for such overflowing blessings. And so I thought, poor us for this month should just have fried vermicelli, used up the last four eggs to make simple empty omelette. The refrigerator has half used up Chinese cabbage and another half onion which I have forgotten to chop up the other day. I found a new packet of dried mushrooms when I thought I've used up all of them.
Braised duck meat with fermented bean curd...
Shredded duck meat. A roasted duck costs RM30 and no, I didn't buy the roasted duck. I can't afford a roast duck now. We were blessed with them which can feed another 10 people. And I didn't have to cut them into tiny pieces. They were given to us this way. I just made a dish with salted beans, fermented bean curds and star anise. I kept back some of the duck meat as it was too much for us to finish all. If I were to cook them all, I need to start sending messages to friends to come over and have dinner with me.
Bean curd meatballs...
I do not have any bean curds with me. But I was left with a tube of Japanese tofu and I still have remnants of minced meat left in the freezer. There were two heads of pak choy from last week but they looked as fresh as it has been plucked off the ground. So, I smashed the Japanese tofu and mixed them with the minced meat. The ingredient required some egg white so I scooped up some egg white from the eggs that I was gonna make omelette. 
Sambal udang buns...
Then, mi mama made sambal dried shrimp baby buns. No, I did not make that sambal. Mi mama bought them from the economy rice stall for RM2 only. And with that RM2, fifty buns were made.
Meat floss biscuits...
Oooohhhh.... another one of my favourite. It's with meat floss inside out. 

Let me share with you a true story:
11 years ago, I started cooking. My first pot of soup was an African peanut chicken stew. It's also my first time asking friends to come over to try out my cooking. At that point of time, I have no idea how much is enough for everyone. Am I inviting too many people? Am I cooking too little for everyone? Why should I invite people over? Why should I spend on others when I can actually keep all the nice food just to ourselves? 

It wasn't such a big pot of soup. Jesus showed and taught me a lesson on sharing and giving. That pot of soup never runs dry. After scooping so many bowls for lunch and dinner, there was still soup and chicken and carrots in them. If you've come and dine at my place before, you will know that I'm a generous giver. I don't hold back on sharing food. Until the last person, only God knows that's the last person walking into the house, the pot emptied with the last bowl being the biggest bowl.

From then onwards, I know that no matter how poor we are, we will have more than enough to share with others. And there's so much joy in sharing and giving. Until today, I do not have to worry about whether we have food to eat or not as Jesus will take care of our meals. If there's no food in the house, someone, somehow or other, would drop by the house and give us food that can last us for another three days. This is a true experience. I can hold a party and the leftovers can last us for another week. Sometimes I wonder whether people who come to my house seriously eat or not. Now, I make sure that everyone's eating a hearty meal. I watch them eat to make sure they eat... muahahahha.... and yeah, they do eat.... but yet the amount of food left, I can hold another round of eating session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment