Tuesday 11 November 2014

Those Seahorses...~!

Banana fritter and orange punch...
Today I worked for two hours only in the morning. I spent some time lazing in another of my house while waiting for my precious to finish her History paper. So, I had ample of time today which I spent eating and cooking. Hubby made me my banana fritters for tea time plus his signature orange punch. Love them. I have to appreciate all this temporary luxury while I still have the pleasure in doing so. The banana fritters were quite good but still need to be improved. Hubby will have to experiment on the batter. 
Cheesy baked aubergine...
While everyone was taking their power naps, I decided to start preparing dinner so that dinner would be served when my neighbour came back from work. It's nice to share food with others. Made this cheese-baked aubergines for the fun of it. The neighbours love to eat aubergines but I tried liking it, but I just couldn't. I don't know how to love this purple stuff. Maybe will try again next time. That cheesy aubergine is really nice with all the grilled tomatoes, onions and sweet basil.
Steamed chicken with seahorses and scallops...
While the aubergines were sitting in the oven, I sent a platter of chicken into the steamer. The three musketeers seahorses went through the steaming process as well. The result was the soup was so sweet and tasty. I have never tasted such wonderful taste before. The scallops were a plus as the prawns which were supposed to accompany the chicken pieces, I sent the prawns away to turn into prawn fritters. Hubby tried chewing on the seahorse but it wasn't a pleasant sight and taste. The seahorse became soft and it's just not nice to bite on. I hope I can find other recipe that uses seahorse.
Prawn fritters~!
This was a last minute plan. I had bought yam bean earlier and I had prawns so we ended up making prawn fritters *cucur udang* Other than carrots, we added French beans and corn, too. The taste was just nice as hubby has added his own concoction of seasoning. Actually I love every single dish except for the cheesy aubergine. It's just so not me to eat that.
Winter melon with mushrooms and fish soup...
Yesterday's winter melon soup was given a facelift. I added fresh mushroom and fish slices into the soup. There's more things to fish for from the bowl of soup other than the winter melon cubes. The taste of the soup is both sweet and savoury but couldn't compare to the steam chicken soup with seahorses. That's the sweetest soup and the most delicious I've tasted.
Red dragon fruit...
Dessert was just the red dragon fruit cut into cubes. It's not the peak season for dragon fruits yet. It's just the beginning so the taste wasn't that perfect and the price was slightly higher. We had a wonderful time together as neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment