Friday 14 November 2014

The Three Magnificent Dishes...

Meat Floss Prawns...
... that's how hubby called them. Today, a very free me got to cook with the hubby. At first I was quite lazy to cook. I didn't do anything much today but surprisingly now it's already 12 midnite. I only did a few things for the whole day:

  1. Went to market and had breakfast with mi mama
  2. Went to Tesco with mi mama and ate jackfruit on the way home
  3. Had the most delicious mutton briyani sent over by mi best friend...
  4. Went to collect the piano from friend's house....
  5. Thinking of whether to cook or not...
  6. Marinade the chicken then still considering whether to cook or not
  7. Ended up cooking...
  8. Eating what has been cooked....
  9. Watch my movie...
  10. Now blogging....
Those prawns were easy to make. Just deep fried them and dressed them like Hawaiian dancers with pork floss or chicken floss. The prawns didn't get to do any dancing, they were glued to the plate and went straight into the mouth. 
What's inside the claypot?
So, what's in the claypot? Another bowl of vermicelli soup? Nah... I don't repeat unless I sense the desperation in those who want to eat.
Northern China's dish of Chinese cabbage and black fungus...
This is a Northern China cuisine. It's simple with Chinese cabbage and Japanese tofu, Add some black fungus along but the taste will depend on the level of hotness of the dried chillies used. I have the hottest dried chillies so the soup is a bit spicy. Taste like China if you have not been there, more like a taste of Beijing as they do use a lot of Chinese cabbages in their dishes. While hubby was frying chicken thighs, I made this.
Braised chicken with Shaoxing wine...
The chicken thighs were deep-fried and then braised in Chinese wine. The mushrooms were just accompaniments. I was supposed to use canned button mushrooms but I just dislike the taste of canned ones thus, I got myself fresh button mushrooms which tasted a million times better. We don't have rice today because lazy me thought we do not need rice. Finally, I understand why my international travel buddy from China couldn't survive without a bowl of rice everyday. These Chinese dishes go along very well with rice but since there's no rice served today, we had to eat them ala carte style or more like going for Chinese wedding dinner where the dishes came up one at a time. 
The Three Magnificent Dishes....
Today, I served all three together but we ate one at a time. We didn't start with the dressed-up prawns but we started with the braised chicken, followed by the Northern China's dish of Chinese cabbage and black fungus. Save the best for the last. The juicy prawns were kept last and it was the best~! Perfecto~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment