Saturday 22 November 2014

Snacking All Day Long...

Mi mama 'working out' in the kitchen...
After having a heavy dinner outside on Wednesday night, I was too lazy to do anything on Thursday. We had dinner all the way to supper on a Wednesday night. I won't be writing about it here but in another blog of mine as this is solely for what I cooked, what appears from my kitchen and that's it. Mi mama and I planned to have something light for Thursday lunch. So, since lazy me couldn't move an inch to do anything, mi mama helped to shred the pumpkin. But, in the end, I did the preparation for the steamed pumpkin as well.
Steamed pumpkin cake.... as good as those selling outside... according to my neighbour....
It wasn't easy. It was a lot of work with shredding of mushrooms, shredding dried shrimps and this and that. I couldn't remember much. Oh, weighing and sifting of rice flour and tapioca flour. When a person is lazy, taking out the dried mushrooms from the drawer is hard work, what more sifting flour. And then waiting for it to steam for 45 minutes. Then, waiting for it to cool down before you start cutting to get a nice piece of standing pumpkin cake. If you start cutting the whole tray of steamed pumpkin cake while it's still steaming hot, you will get a melting slice. It will never stand. Trust me. I'm telling you through experience.
The jail-like red bean paste bun....
The only reason why I helped mi mama to complete the pumpkin cake was because the breadmaker was beeping really loudly to let us know that it has done proofing the dough. So, mi mama has to busy herself with her own project. Mi mama has lots of projects. For that Thursday, it was to make that red bean paste buns. Hah~! If you expect me to do that, I'm going to wrap the dough around your head and ask you to do it yourself. I have no patience for such tedious thing. This one leave for mi mama to do or my kitchen will end up like a storm has passed through.
The dried shrimp biscuits...
This is mi mama's experiment. You can never guess the taste. Isn't it good if there's an apps which allow you to download the taste and smell of food? Even better if you can just download the food. Those are dried shrimp biscuits. If you can't stand the taste and smell of dried shrimps then forget about this, you will never know how to enjoy them. My piranhas do not hold the same opinion. One said they were really great, the other said they stink like something rotten. I said they were fantastic because I like the smell of dried shrimps.
The meat floss biscuits....
The meat floss biscuit~! I like meat floss~! I can finish the whole packet just like that, like eating popcorns~! You will like this, too. Hehe....
The bear jelly...
Oh, to cool down the mouth on a hot day, there's jelly in the fridge. Everything snack dish we had look like they had the same colour. But the taste of every snack plate that we have is different. Adios~! We're never lacking of food... 

No comments:

Post a Comment