Saturday 15 November 2014

The Laughing Doctor in Yen's Kitchen...

Doctor in the house....
This is another VVIP. She's family so anytime can walk in. She missed yesterday's McJu's night so replaced with today, McJu + dinner with other dishes. She has to minus the rice from her eating equation after looking at the size of the burger. She said it's a kilo. Mi mama said it's one kati (600g). Today, I made two steamed dishes, healthy eating but it went off-balanced with the fried chicken.
Tofu in the house...
 That's the stuffed bean curd. Dig a square pocket and then throw the dug out bean curd flesh keep the dug out flesh aside. Actually I don't know what to do with the bean curd flesh so I smashed them up and mixed with some soy sauce and left them to go into the steamer together with the two square bean curds with pockets. 
Fish in the house....
The other day we bought black pomfret. No more siakap in this kitchen. We ate siakap for a decade because I wasn't creative enough. Now, any fish will do just no more siakap. If you don't know what's siakap then I believe Google will tell you with image as well. The doctor insisted that this is Nyonya-styled steam fish same as the one she ate in restaurant. Okay, so now she asked me to change job. Be a chef. If I were to open a restaurant, I will change the menu everyday then that would be interesting. You won't know what's selling until you come on that day.
Minced meat in the tofu....
Hubby cut the tofu and out all the meat came tumbling down. I dig the hole deep enough. I don't really like tofu because it's tasteless. I prefer Japanese tofu.
Chicken in the house....
This is that best fried chicken that we've ever tasted. Hubby helped in the frying. I did the seasoning. Just used shrimp paste and lots of other seasonings to enhance the taste. It's really good. Hubby made the skin crunchy~!!! Yippee~!!!!
All food in the tummy.... *BURPPPPP*
My cousin-in-law is a bottomless pit eater. McJu finish. Fish also eat. Bean curd also eat. Chicken also eat. Then, of course we always have dessert. One small cup of mango pudding. Then, mini cheesecake and meat floss biscuit, downed with a cup of orange punch. Hahahahaha.... this is the type of eater I like in my kitchen. If this cannot eat, that cannot eat, too fat, too oily, high cholesterol, too sweet, too salty... haih... then don't come to Yen's Kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment